The ETA Certified Payments ProfessionalTM (CPP)
Why should I do business with an ETA CPP?
By obtaining your payments processing solution from an ETA CPP, you can be sure that your representative is knowledgeable about the products and services he recommends and has the expertise to recommend the best and most appropriate solution for your business.
- A minimum of one to three years experience in the payments industry
- Been recommended by a supervisor or manager from a company in the payments industry
- Completed and passed a rigorous examination developed by industry experts and conducted by an independent testing firm that is not affiliated with any entity in the payments industry
- Agreed to abide by the Electronic Transaction Association’s Code of Conduct
- Agreed to pursue continuing education credits as a requirement of recertification every three years.
What is an ETA CPP?
The Electronic Transactions Association (ETA), the premier trade association for the payments processing industry, created the ETA CPP certification program to recognize those professionals in the industry who demonstrate a thorough knowledge of their profession as well as a commitment to professionalism and personal integrity.
How can I determine if my merchant provider is an ETA CPP?
ETA provides a searchable registry of ETA CPPs at (www.electran.org). The registry also allows you to search for an ETA CPP by state or city.